If the mere mention of the word “lice” makes you cringe, wait until you or your kids have them. Lice can attack the best of us, but the good news is they’re easy to get rid of. At Lice Services Canada, our experts suggest the following steps to help you with your lice infestation.
Look before you touch
One of the easiest ways to check is looking at the crown of the head before you touch the hair. Often you will see movement if there is lice present. Once you touch the hair they will scurry away making them harder to find.
Know where to look
If you didn’t see any movement at the crown of the head you need to look for the eggs. Lice tend to lay eggs is along the hairline, at the nape of the neck, behind the ears and around the bangs. The eggs are tear shaped and are glued to one side of the hair shaft as close as 2mm to the scalp. This makes them difficult to see and remove if you have never done this before.
Avoid drug store products
Don’t put too much faith in lice products that you’ll find at the drug store. Many of them have pesticides or insecticides in them. Some of them even claim to kill eggs. There is nothing on the market which kills eggs. You must remove all the eggs to be successful. These products also have you do a retreat in 10 days. The best way to rid yourself of lice is to break the life cycle and to do that you must retreat in 3-5 days. To do that you need to use our natural product and our metal comb.
Follow the Lice Removal Checklist
If you have a lice situation at home, here’s a quick checklist you can follow:
- Check to make sure you child actually has lice. Do not treat people who do not have lice this is not necessary. Not sure it’s lice? Take a picture and send it to us for free diagnosis.
- Using our natural product and our metal comb start removing the eggs and lice.
- Two days after the initial treatment use conditioner and do another comb out.
- Two to three days after that you need to do another treatment. You need to continue this until there are two clear comb outs two days apart.
- Put all bedding, blankets, sheets, pillow cases, and pillows in the dryer and spin on high heat for 30 minutes. Water doesn’t kill lice, but heat does.
- Decorative pillows, stuffed animals, and other items that cannot be placed in a dryer should be put away for 48 hours.
- Thoroughly vacuum carpets, couches, helmets and car seats. Anywhere the head has been needs to be vacuumed.
Call Lice Services Canada
Yes, you are right. Lice removal takes time. Be prepared to spend a busy weekend doing nothing else but fighting lice. Still, you can’t be sure if you’ll be 100% successful. We have lice removal experts who can help you banish lice from your life very quickly, using natural methods. Remember what takes you 5-10 hours to remove lice from your child will only take us 2 hours. It’s what we do and we are efficient and effective. Visit our centrally located clinic or call us at 613-482-1432 and our mobile lice removal team will be right at your doorstep.