How to Check for Lice - Lice Services Canada
1. Verify if it’s really lice. Not sure? Send a picture to our experts for a free diagnosis!
2. Getting rid of lice, requires three products:
- A professional pesticide-free lice shampoo – such as Lice Services Canada lice shampoo.
- Hair Conditioner
- Professional lice removal comb with microgrooves to remove both lice and eggs (nits).
3. Don’t forget that if you don’t remove the eggs, they will hatch into lice again…who lay eggs… and the cycle continues!
4. Following the directions on the LSC shampoo, make sure you apply and massage the product on the scalp and let it sit for at least 1 hour.
5. Divide the hair into 4 sections – you should only be working on one section at a time.
6. Add conditioner to make the comb move smoothly through the hair when removing the lice.
7. Wipe the comb on a white paper towel to see what has been removed. Not sure about what you are seeing? Send us a picture to assess if you’re correctly getting rid of the lice.
8. After finishing completely the combing step, thoroughly rinse your hair.
9. Don’t forget to treat your environment too! Smaller items such as clothes, pillows or sheets should be put in the dryer for 30 minutes on high heat. Larger items such as couches, car seats and helmets should be vacuumed. Items that cannot be vacuumed or put in the dryer should be put away for 48h.
10. Do another comb out again 2 days later, this time using only conditioner.
11. About 3 to 5 days after the initial treatment, do another one.
12. Repeat this schedule until you have 2 clear comb outs 3 days apart – otherwise, the lice might return!
13. Too busy? Anxious? Need help to get rid of the lice? Let us do all the work for you in a fraction of the time! Call us at 613-482-1432